Houston, TX patients who have lost one or more teeth may be unsure as to how they need to proceed to improve their smile. There are many options available when it comes to tooth replacement, including dentures, dental bridges, and dental implants. At Peters Dental Associates, we encourage patients to consider the advantages of dental implants.
What are dental implants?
Dr. M.H. Peters, Jr. of Peters Dental Associates often makes a recommendation to his patients of dental implants when faced with tooth loss. Dental implants are titanium posts made to be placed into the bone of the jaw and restored with a special restoration on top. Implants are a highly desirable solution because of the many advantages they provide over the alternatives.
Why dental implants?
Dental implants are popular because they have many benefits for patients. Dental implants:
• Provide lifelong replacement of one or more teeth
• Are versatile, and can be used in many different ways
• Offer a natural-looking replacement for single teeth
• Maintain the natural bone of the jaw, improving oral health
• Are strong and durable, functioning just like a natural tooth
• Are a wise investment for patients seeking a long-term solution
• Are not removable and are instead permanently placed
How are dental implants used?
There are three primary ways in which dental implants are used:
• For single-tooth replacement. If a single tooth is missing from the smile, the dental implant can be placed and restored with a dental crown over the abutment to restore the appearance and function of the smile.
• For anchoring a dental bridge. Dental bridges require teeth on each side to place them. If this is not possible, some patients may have one or two dental implants placed to act as the anchors for the dental bridge. Dental bridges replace one or more teeth in a row.
• For denture stabilization. Dental implants may also be placed along the dental arch and used to stabilize a full denture. This is perfect for patients who are struggling with maintaining their dentures in place with more traditional solutions such as denture adhesives.
Schedule an appointment today to discuss the advantages of dental implants
If you are ready to learn more and are considering dental implants for your smile, contact Peters Dental Associates of Houston, TX. Our team of providers are here to ensure patients have access to general, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry solutions that work for their needs. Call (281) 486-8061 today!