So you’ve spoken with your dentist at Peters Dental Associates and have decided to move forward with Invisalign treatment. Invisalign is a revolutionary method used by adults and teenagers to address misalignment in the smile. This treatment allows patients to avoid the use of traditional braces, which cover the natural smile with metal brackets and wires. Invisalign is a popular alternative, and continues to be the best way for many of our patients to achieve the smile of their dreams!
How to use and care for your Invisalign trays
Dr. M. H. Peters of Peters Dental Associates educates patients on the tips and recommendations for using and caring for their alignment trays.
- Time of treatment. The amount of time needed for treatment using Invisalign will be discussed during the initial consultation appointment. This length of time will be predetermined based on proper compliance of the patient during their treatment.
- Wearing the trays. Patients need to wear their Invisalign trays for at least 22 hours a day. Our team recommends only removing these trays when eating, drinking, brushing, or flossing. If patients do not wear the trays enough, they may experience delays in their treatment.
- Utilize trays for two weeks at a time. Patients are advised to wear each tray for two weeks prior to moving on to the next tray in the series. By the end of the treatment, patients will use their last tray and can wear this tray at night as a retainer.
- Cleaning the trays. Not only do you need to keep your teeth and gums healthy with brushing and flossing, but you also want to keep the trays clean. Patients can brush their trays or soak them to keep them clean until they need their next tray in the series.
- Compliance is key. When patients follow their dentist’s instructions and comply with their treatment, they will enjoy the benefits of Invisalign.
Are you a candidate for Invisalign?
Working with Dr. M.H. Peters is the first step in deciding if Invisalign is right for you. Connect with our team of providers at Peters Dental Associates in the Houston, TX community by calling (281) 486-8061. Our practice is conveniently located at 2508 Bay Area Boulevard in Suite 100 and is always accepting new and existing patients.