Are you self-conscious about your teeth? Maybe you have unsightly stains, a chipped tooth, a crack, or uneven teeth that make you uncomfortable with your smile. Fortunately there is a simple cosmetic solution to many of these problems. Take a moment to learn more about veneers.
What are veneers?
Veneers are think shells that are custom created to fit your teeth. These shells are bonded to the front surface of your teeth to completely cover unsightly stains and other imperfections. In most cases, the best veneers are made out of porcelain. Porcelain veneers are strong, beautiful, and stain resistant.
What is the procedure like?
The procedure to attach porcelain veneers is relatively simple and not very painful. You’ll need to schedule a few appointments. At the first visit, a very small amount (about half a millimeter) of enamel will be removed from your teeth so that the veneers can attach correctly. Next the dentist or assistant will take an impression of your teeth. The impression taken will be sent to a laboratory where your custom veneers will be created. It will take 1-2 weeks to create the veneers. If your teeth look strange after they’ve been prepared for veneers, Peters Dental Associates can provide temporary veneers while you wait for the custom ones to be created.
Once the veneers have been created, you’ll have another appointment. The veneers will be checked to make sure the size and color match your natural teeth. Once everything has been checked and trimmed if necessary, the veneers will be bonded to your teeth.
Can you benefit from veneers?
There are many benefits that come with choosing veneers:
- Veneers can easily be used to cover one tooth or many teeth depending on what you need.
- Veneers can cosmetically correct a variety of issues including stains, gaps, cracks, and uneven teeth.
- The procedure to attach veneers is relatively pain free.
- Veneers add an extra layer of protection to the surface of your teeth.
- Porcelain veneers are very stain resistant and can last for about 10 years if you take good care of your teeth and follow the instructions given by your dentist.
If you’d like to improve your appearance and feel confident when you smile, contact Peters Dental Associates to learn more about veneers.