At Peters Dental Associates, patients in the community of Houston, TX and beyond are pleased to find that there are a variety of solutions available to them when it comes to enhancing the smile. Dr. M.H. Peters, Jr. provides Invisalign orthodontics for patients interested in aligning their smile but avoiding traditional metal bracket and wire braces.
What is Invisalign?
Our dentist describes Invisalign as a treatment that can help in restoring the alignment of the teeth in the dental arch without conventional methodology. Instead, Invisalign uses clear aligner trays worn over the dental arch to slowly reposition the smile. The trays are clear and practically impossible to see when patients are conversing and socializing with others.
Things to know about Invisalign
Here are five things you should know about Invisalign treatment:
• Compliance is key. If you do not wear your Invisalign trays as directed, you will not obtain the smile designed for you. Our team at Peters Dental Associates encourages patients to ask questions about what is expected of them in order to get the results they desire.
• Treatment is not for everyone. Patients with more severe misalignment and malocclusion will not be considered appropriate candidates for this treatment. Invisalign works best for patients with mild to moderate misalignment. Determining candidacy is best done with an evaluation at Peters Dental Associates.
• Invisalign trays are comfortable. Many patients are excited at how comfortable the Invisalign trays are when worn. The trays are made with medical-grade plastics that are created from 3D digital molds of the smile to ensure proper fit, function, and ultimate comfort.
• Treatment time varies. Some patients are able to obtain a new smile in several months, especially if they are just addressing a gap between their teeth, though others may need treatment for a year or longer. Compliance also affects treatment time.
• Invisalign is worth it! All patients who have straightened their smile with Invisalign would often recommend treatment to those considering it.
Learn more about Invisalign orthodontics with the team at Peters Dental Associates
Dr. M.H. Peters, Jr. and his staff work with patients in the area of Houston, TX to educate them on the many ways in which they can improve their smiles. With Invisalign, patients can improve tooth alignment while also feeling confident in their smile throughout treatment. Call (281) 486-8061 today to schedule an appointment at 2508 Bay Area Boulevard, Ste. 100.